Installation Instructions for: Ceiling System 2
- The existing ceiling needs to be removed including coving or decorative moldings. You should be left with exposed ceiling joists and the floorboards of the floor above. Please ensure that the room you are working in is emptied of furniture as removal of ceilings can cause a mess.
Fixing Ceiling System 2
- Once the ceiling is clear the Dense Fibre Matting 100mm (DFM) is inserted into the ceiling joists, the material can be cut to fit between each joist using a hand saw or a knife with a serrated edge. The DFM will friction fit between the joists meaning no fixings are required, we would recommend the DFM is cut slightly wider than the width between the joist to allow for a good tight fit.
- The soundbreaker bars are now fitted to the joists at right angles at 400mm centres. If the bars need to be cut this can be done with a hack saw or tin snips. The bars are attached to the battens screwing through the pre-drilled holes on the bars; the wide flange on the bar should be left hanging down from the ceiling.
- The boards can now be fitted to the soundbreaker bars using screws, we recommend that a minimum of 15 screws are used per board, please note that screws should only go into the flange of the bar and not into the timber joist. Acoustic sealant should be used to seal all of the joints between each board and between the walls and boards.
- Once completed the ceiling can be decorated to your desired finish, we recommend that the ceiling is plastered.
For enquiries please call 01423 339163, or send us a message via our contacts page.