Ceiling System 1 provides the highest level of soundproofing for airborne and impact noise. With ceiling height loss of 80mm this system can be used in most domestic situations when higher levels of soundproofing are required.
Ceiling System 1 Information
- 80mm height loss from the ceiling joist
- Airborne noise reduction 57dB
- Impact noise reduction 52dB
Building regulations require impact levels to be below the stated figure and the airborne levels to be above the figure stated.
- 100mm 80kg/m³ DFM acoustic insulation
- 50mm DFM acoustic insulation
- Soundbreaker Bars
- Noisestop1+ panel
- Acoustic sealant
Fitting Ceiling System 1
The original ceiling must be removed before the installation of this ceiling system. Complete access to the ceiling joists is required.
- Infill the cavity between the ceiling joist with the 100mm DFM acoustic insulation
- Fasten 50mm battens perpendicular below the joists, leave 600mm spaces between battens
- Infill the new battens with the 50mm DFM acoustic insulation
- Screw the Soundbreaker Bars perpendicular into the battens. The bars should be spaced at 400mm. The wide corrugated part of the bar faces down into the room.
- Screw the Noisestop1+ panels into the bars, fixing into the wide corrugated part of the bars
- An additional layer of plasterboard can be added if required
- Seal around the perimeter of the ceiling and between each panel with AC50 acoustic sealant
For enquiries please call 01423 339163, or send us a message via our contacts page.