Ceiling System 2
Ceiling System 2 provides effective levels of soundproofing to reduce airborne noise and impact noise. With little or no change to the existing ceiling height Ceiling System 2 is the most popular ceiling soundproofing system we provide.
The most effective way of soundproofing a ceiling is to increase the mass and create separation. The combination of materials supplied with this kit ensure your ceilings achieve both.
Ceiling System 2 Information
- 35mm height loss from the ceiling joist
- Airborne noise reduction 49dB
- Impact noise reduction56dB
Fitting Ceiling System 2
The original ceiling must be removed before the installation of this ceiling system. Complete access to the ceiling joists is required.
- Infill the cavity between the ceiling joist with the DFM acoustic insulation
- Screw the Soundbreaker Bars perpendicular into the joists. The bars should be spaced at 400mm. The wide corrugated part of the bar faces down into the room.
- Screw the panels into the bars, fixing into the wide corrugated part of the bars
- An additional layer of plasterboard can be added if required
- Seal around the perimeter of the ceiling and between each panel with AC50 acoustic sealant
For enquiries please call 01423 339163, or send us a message via our contacts page.