AC50 Acoustic Sealant
AC50 is available in two sizes 310ml (small) and 900ml (large). AC50 Acoustic Sealant and Adhesive is a high strength, permanently flexible acoustic sealant and adhesive specifically formulated for sealing and bonding plasterboard and other insulation boards to common substrates.
One small tube of AC50 acoustic sealant will seal the edges of approximately five 1200mm x 1200mm soundproof panels.
- Permanently flexible/high grab
- Adheres to most surfaces
- Mould resistant
- Non flammable
- Over paintable
- Easy clean up
- Areas for Use
- To form an acoustic barrier by sealing gaps between plasterboard walls, floors and ceilings and in dry lining applications.
As an adhesive to bond plasterboard to plasterboard, wood and metal studding and direct to block work.
For sealing and bonding most other Kraft lined insulation boards.
- Damp or humid conditions will significantly extend the cure time
- Do not attempt to abrade when cured
- Do not over paint until product has fully cured. This will normally be 24 hours but may be 4-5 days in damp, cold or humid conditions
- Do not apply below 5°C
- For overhead boarding applications, always use in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Highly porous substrates such as new plaster should first be primed with PVA bond diluted 1:4 with water. Surfaces may be slightly damp, but not wet. NOTE: THIS WILL SLOW THE CURE.
- 900ml tubes: Fit cartridge into a 1ltr mastic gun. Cut nozzle to required length and puncture inner membrane seal before applying
- 310ml tubes: Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45′
- Use as a sealant: Always cut nozzle to a size slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply to gap, slightly overfilling and finish smooth with a caulking tool or filler knife
- Clean up any excess with a damp cloth within 30 minutes of application
- Use as an adhesive for direct bonding to large surfaces: Cut nozzle to provide a bead of approximately 9-10mm diameter and apply a continuous bead to one surface at 250-350mm centers. Apply board immediately to surface and tamp down. Provide temporary support until cured
- Use as an adhesive for bonding to studding: Apply a continuous bead to studding and apply board immediately into position. Do not apply more than one board’s width of studding at one time. Provide temporary support until cured.