Isobond Adhesive 12kg
Isobond adhesive should be used when floor soundproofing membranes need to be bonded to either a sub-floor or a resilient layer before the floor finish is applied. A high grab adhesive that will bond soundproofing underlay membranes to timber and concrete flooring. If a resilient layer is needed over rubber or vinyl soundproof flooring, it will bond them to plywood, chipboard and hardboard. You can also use this adhesive to bond to floor finishes such as carpet, wooden flooring and vinyl.
Before using adhesive, please ensure the surface you are applying to is ready.
- Ensure the surface you are applying the adhesive is flat and cleared of debris, loose material and dust.
- Use a primer on porous surfaces before applying the adhesive.
- Isobond is supplied ready to use, so it will not require any additives.
Once the surface is prepared, you can apply the adhesive.
- Use a 2mm notched trowel to apply the adhesive. Certain floor covering may require a larger gauge; please check with the individual flooring products.
- Once you applied the adhesive to the floor, allow a minimum of 15 minutes before laying the flooring allowing the adhesive to become tacky. Site conditions may alter the time you need to leave the adhesive before covering it with the flooring.
- Use a 50kg roller to embed the flooring into the adhesive. Repeat the rolling one hour later.
Please view our complete range of floor soundproofing products.