Increase privacy in your homes and workplace using our soundproofing range, reducing the stress caused by noisy neighbours and creating quieter workspaces. The noisy environments that many people live in today mean finding peace in our homes is increasingly difficult. This slim and practical solution will soundproof rooms without compromising valuable living space.
The Noisestop Silent Panel soundproofs rooms without losing valuable living space.
Apply the Noisestop Silent Panel directly onto the wall that requires soundproofing; this type of installation means you reduce space loss. Installation of the panels is simple and can be carried out by homeowners as well as professional tradespeople.
Don’t be subjected to listening to the neighbour’s television or conversation. Apply the Noisestop Silent Panel to your walls to alleviate the stress that a noisy neighbour can cause.
Noisestop Silent Panels Specifications
- Panel thickness 30mm
- Panel size 1200mm x 1200mm (1.44sqm)
- Weight 40kg (27.8km/m²)
- Fire rating 30 minutes
- Noise reduction 52dB
- Reduce airborne sounds through your walls (conversation, talking)
- Apply directly onto solid walls or stud walls
- Skim directly onto the panels, alternatively tape and fill the tapered edge
Noise reduction and decibels – A three dB increase is equivalent to halving the level of sound. The higher the value for the airborne sound the better the product performs. The lower the stated figure for impact sound the better the product performs. Read the decibels explained guide for more help.
Composition of the Noisestop Silent Panel 30mm
- 15mm soundblock plasterboard, tapered edge. Ready to plaster skim or tape and fill the tapered edge
- 5kg/m² mass loaded vinyl barrier mat, soundproofing qualities similar to lead
- 8mm acoustic grade closed-cell foam
- 10kg/m² mass loaded vinyl barrier mat, soundproofing qualities similar to lead
The Noisestop Silent Panel comes pre-laminated, combining the four elements listed.
The product’s composition ensures it will block the most common domestic sounds from transferring between rooms. Apply onto the surface of your walls, either fixing directly into solid walls, alternatively upgrade stud walls by applying the panels over the existing plasterboard.
Fitting Noisestop Silent Panels
NOTE: When the panels are installed, the plasterboard layer faces into the room, the acoustic membrane on the back of the board goes onto the wall.
- Ensure the surface you are applying the panels is in good condition, make good any remedial work to the existing wall to ensure it is flat and secure before you attach the panels
- Remove skirting boards, coving and extend electrical outlets, wall linings such as wallpaper do not need to be removed prior to the installation
- Apply the Noisestop Silent Panel to the walls using nine hammer fixings per board. The composition of the panel will absorb any potential noise transfer across the fixings
- Use acoustic sealant between each panel as you put them together
- Leave a 2-3mm gap around the perimeter of the wall to reduce flanking sound transmission, apply an acoustic sealant to fill the gap once the installation is complete
- Cut the panels using a hand saw or circular saw
- Skim plaster or tape and fill the tapered edge
- Upon completion of the soundproofing, reinstate the skirting and coving
- If you are reinstating electrical outlets, use acoustic putty pads inside recessed back boxes
NOTE ON FLANKING SOUND – Before installing any soundproofing system, you should consider any flanking paths for the sound. These are areas around the wall that sound will bypass the soundproofing and enter the room. The most common flanking course for sounds would be above or below the wall, which would be through a floor or ceiling cavity. If these areas are constructed from timber joists, you should consider filling the void above or below the area with DFM acoustic insulation to stop potential flanking noise.
Click on the images to download the information
Noisestop Systems Product Range
All of the products and systems we supply have been tested in real-world settings and under lab tests, allowing us to provide these materials in the knowledge that they will work in multiple building scenarios.
All our products are for use inside domestic and commercial buildings. If you are unsure which application is suitable for you, please contact us before ordering.
We can offer acoustic modelling for certain products and systems. To find out more, please feel free to get in touch.
Send us your enquiry via the website, alternatively give us a call on 01423 339163.