AcoustiClip Direct Wall System is our best direct to wall solution. A space-saving solution that reduces high noise levels through party walls is suitable for soundproofing against noisy neighbours. The AcoustiClip is fixed directly onto the solid wall, minimising the connection points with the wall and damping sound transfer through vibration—AcoustiChannel clips directly into the AcoustiClip. The 25mm acoustic insulation between the channel reduces sound that would typically resonate inside the void. To complete the wall, the Noisestop 1+ Panel and the 15mm Soundblock plasterboard is screwed into the AcoustiChannel. This soundproofing system will stop high levels of audible sound and vibration from transferring through walls.
Soundproof systems will effectively block higher levels of noise than any individual soundproofing product. Combining various products into soundproof systems ensures a higher reduction across a broader range of frequencies, ultimately stopping higher airborne sounds and vibration levels.
AcoustiClip Direct to Wall System Specifications
- System thickness 77mm (from the stud frame)
- Fire rating one hour
- Noise reduction 61dB
- Reduce high levels of airborne sounds and vibration through your walls
- Apply directly onto solid masonry and brick walls
- Part E compliant solution for separating walls
Noise reduction and decibels – A three dB increase is equivalent to halving the level of sound. The higher the value for the airborne sound the better the product performs. The lower the stated figure for impact sound the better the product performs. Read the decibels explained guide for more help.
You can use AcoustiClip Direct to Wall System in various applications that require high levels of sound reduction. Use this solution in domestic and commercial applications; this system is used in music studios, cinema rooms, and venues such as bars and restaurants. Install this system in your home if you require soundproofing.
Composition of AcoustiClip Direct to Wall System
These materials are supplied with the AcoustiClip Direct to Wall System
- AcoustiClip increases separation within the structure, reducing vibration transfer between rooms
- The AcoustiChannel fits into the AcoustiClips to ensure isolation from the stud frame and the new wall
- 25mm DFM acoustic insulation between the AcoustiChannel to reduce reverberation
- The Noisestop 1+ Panel incorporates soundblock plasterboard with a 10kg mass loaded vinyl mat, all pre-bonded to make installing quicker and easier than other self-adhesive methods
- Final layer 15mm Acoustic plasterboard to overboard the first layer
- Acoustic sealant ensures an airtight seal
NOTE ON FLANKING SOUND – Before installing any soundproofing system, it is important to consider any flanking paths for the sound. These are areas around the wall that sound will bypass the soundproofing and enter the room. The most common flanking path for sounds would be above or below the wall; this would be through a floor or ceiling cavity. If these areas are constructed from timber joists, you should consider filling the cavities above or below the area you are soundproofing to stop potential flanking noise through those areas.
Fitting AcoustiClip Direct to Wall System
- Screw the AcoustiClip directly onto the masonry or brick wall. Space the clips vertically at 600mm centres with a row of clips 75mm bottom of the wall and 150mm from the top. The clips should be no more than 1200mm apart horizontally (see the diagram below)
- Clip the AcoustiChannel into the clips, join the lengths of the channel by overlapping them by 100mm and screwing them together with self-tapping or drywall screws
- Infill the cavity with 25mm DFM acoustic insulation between the AcoustiClip Channel
- Screw the Noisestop 1+ Panel into the AcoustiClip Channel and then the final layer of 15mm Soundblock plasterboard over the top. Leave a 2-3mm gap around the perimeter of the wall to reduce noise transfer into the adjoining walls, ceilings and floors
- Acoustic sealant is applied between each panel and to the perimeter of the wall to ensure an airtight seal
- If you are reinstating electrical outlets, use acoustic putty pads inside the back boxes
How to space the AcoustiClip and AcoustiChannel onto a wall
NOTE ON FLANKING SOUND – Before installing any soundproofing system, you should consider any flanking paths for the sound. These are areas around the wall that sound will bypass the soundproofing and enter the room. The most common flanking course for sounds would be above or below the wall, which would be through a floor or ceiling cavity. If these areas are constructed from timber joists, you should consider filling the void above or below the area with DFM acoustic insulation to stop potential flanking noise.
Noisestop Systems Product Range
Noisestop Systems range of products covers all aspects of noise control for homes and businesses throughout the UK. Our products are used by homeowners and large scale developers looking for the best soundproofing materials. Our range of products ensures we have a solution for most noise problems.
All of the products and systems we supply are tested in real-world settings and under lab tests. This allows us to provide these materials in the knowledge that they will work in multiple building scenarios.
Our products are designed for use inside domestic and commercial buildings. If you are unsure which application is suitable for your room, please contact us before ordering.
We can also offer acoustic modelling for certain products and systems; to find out more, please get in touch.
Please send us your enquiry via the website, alternatively give us a call on 01423 339163.