Our busy schedules mean we are subjected to noise in our workplaces and in our homes. Constantly being surrounded by noise can cause stress and anxiety. That is why we have developed a range of soundproofing products to restore peace. The Noisestop 1+ Panel offers a soundproof solution for low-level background noises applied to ceilings and walls. Once this panel is combined with other acoustic products and incorporated into a soundproof system, you will get increased levels of sound insulation for the very best possible levels of noise reduction.
We incorporate the Noisestop 1+ Panel within most of our soundproofing systems for walls and ceilings.
This panel is the best choice for combining materials in a soundproofing system for your walls and ceilings. When integrating soundproofing products into a system, you don’t need the thickest or the heaviest products; these tend to be more expensive. The most important consideration is how it works alongside the other materials. It is the combination of soundproof materials that is important rather than any single product. We chose to use this panel in our systems because it is the slimmest, economical to purchase and offers the same performance when combined into a system as the more expensive stand-alone soundproofing panels.
Noisestop 1+ Panel Specifications
- Panel thickness 18mm
- Panel size 1200mm x 1200mm (1.44sqm)
- Weight 26kg (18.1kg/m²)
- Fire rating 30 minutes
- Reduce airborne sounds through your walls (muffled conversation, background TV noise)
- Apply directly onto solid walls, stud walls and ceilings
- Skim directly onto the panels, alternatively tape and fill the tapered edge
Composition of the Noisestop 1+ Panel
- 12.5mm soundblock plasterboard, tapered edge. Ready to plaster skim or tape and fill the tapered edge
- 10kg/m² mass loaded vinyl barrier mat, soundproofing qualities similar to lead
The Noisestop 1+ Panel comes pre-laminated, combining the soundproof membrane and the acoustic plasterboard. Because the product is already bonded it makes for a much easier and quicker installation rather than having to apply the membrane separately as with other systems.
The product’s composition ensures it will block airborne sound. For the best results, combine with other soundproofing products to form a soundproofing system. For the best levels of sound reduction, use a combination of materials that incorporate the Noisestop 1+ Panel.
Fitting Noisestop 1+ Panel
This image shows the Noisestop 1+ panel as part of a wall soundproofing system combing, acoustic insulation, and hangers. This is the best way to use the Noisestop 1+ Panel when installed as part of a complete system.
NOTE: When the panel is installed, the plasterboard layer faces into the room, and the acoustic membrane on the back of the board goes onto the wall or ceiling. This panel is best suited for use with acoustic hangers, soundbreaker bars or timber and metal stud frames to form an acoustic system for walls and ceilings.
The Noisestop 1+ Panel works best when installed as part of a complete system for walls or ceilings.
- Ensure the surface you are applying the panels is in good condition, make good any remedial work to the existing wall to ensure it is flat and secure before you attach the panels
- Remove skirting boards, coving and extend electrical outlets, wall linings such as wallpaper do not need to be removed before the installation
- Apply the Noisestop 1+ Panel to the walls using nine hammer fixings per board. The composition of the panel will absorb any potential noise transfer across the fixings
- Use acoustic sealant between each panel as you put them together
- Leave a 2-3mm gap around the perimeter of the wall to reduce flanking sound transmission, apply an acoustic sealant to fill the gap once the installation is complete
- Cut the panels using a hand saw or circular saw
- Skim plaster or tape and fill the tapered edge
- Upon completion of the soundproofing, reinstate the skirting and coving
- If you are reinstating electrical outlets, use acoustic putty pads inside recessed back boxes
NOTE ON FLANKING SOUND – Prior to installing any soundproofing system, it is important to consider any flanking paths for the sound. These are areas around the wall that sound will bypass the soundproofing and enter the room. The most common flanking path for sounds would be above or below the wall, this would be through a floor or ceiling cavity. If these areas are constructed from timber joists you should consider filling the cavities above or below the area with DFM acoustic insulation to stop potential flanking noise.
Noisestop 1+ panel is one of the main components in our soundproofing systems
Click on an image to find out more about each solution
Click on the image to download the information
Noisestop Systems Product Range
All of the products and systems we supply have been tested in real-world settings and under lab tests, allowing us to provide these materials in the knowledge that they will work in multiple building scenarios.
All our products are for use inside domestic and commercial buildings. If you are unsure which application is suitable for you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us before ordering.
We can offer acoustic modelling for certain products and systems. To find out more, please feel free to get in touch.
Please send us your enquiry via the website, alternatively give us a call on 01423 339163.