Wall System 2 is a slim soundproofing solution that offers good noise reduction against airborne sounds through solid party walls. Increase the sound absorption of party walls with the combination of materials supplied with this soundproofing system. Acoustic insulation inside the stud frame absorbs sound that would typically pass through the wall. The Noisestop 1+ Panel is a soundproof board that comprises a 10kg mass loaded vinyl and acoustic plasterboard. This combination makes it the best panel to combine with other products to form a complete soundproof system.
Soundproof systems will effectively block higher levels of noise than any individual soundproofing product. Combining various products into soundproof systems ensures a higher reduction across a broader range of frequencies; this ultimately stops higher levels of airborne sounds and vibration.
Wall System 2 Specifications
- System thickness 43mm (including the stud frame)
- Fire rating 30 minutes
- Noise reduction 54dB
- Reduce airborne sounds through your walls
- Apply onto solid party walls
- Part E compliant solution for separating walls
Noise reduction and decibels – A three dB increase is equivalent to halving the level of sound. The higher the value for the airborne sound the better the product performs. The lower the stated figure for impact sound the better the product performs. Read the decibels explained guide for more help.
Wall System 2 is used in a variety of applications to reduce the passage of sound. Soundproof rooms that are limited in the amount of space they can afford to lose, a noisy neighbour solution. Suitable for use when looking to soundproof offices and commercial buildings that require additional levels of sound insulation.
Composition of Wall System 2
- Install Wall System 2 onto a stud frame. If you are building a new stud wall, isolate the top and bottom with isolation Strips (not included with the kit)
- Fill the cavity of the stud frame with the DFM acoustic insulation slabs to reduce sound resonating inside the void
- Screw the Noisestop 1+ Panel to the stud frame to further increase the mass and density of the acoustic wall; the 10kg mass loaded vinyl membrane is pre-bonded to the acoustic plasterboard, further increasing the sound dampening performance
- Acoustic sealant is applied between each panel and to the perimeter of the wall to ensure an airtight seal
Fitting Wall System 2
- Install a stud frame if one is not already in place
- Fill inside the cavity between each stud with the DFM acoustic insulation slabs. Ensure the slabs are packed tightly between the studs
- Attach the Noisestop 1+ Panel to the stud frame with screws. Leave a 2-3mm gap around the perimeter of the wall to avoid noise transfer. Apply a bead of acoustic sealant to each joint and the edge of the wall
- If you are reinstating electrical outlets, use acoustic putty pads inside the back boxes
NOTE ON FLANKING SOUND – Prior to installing any soundproofing system, it is important to consider any flanking paths for the sound. These are areas around the wall that sound will bypass the soundproofing and enter the room. The most common flanking path for sounds would be above or below the wall, this would be through a floor or ceiling cavity. If these areas are constructed from timber joists you should consider filling the cavities above or below the area with DFM acoustic insulation to stop potential flanking noise.
Noisestop Systems Product Range
All of the products and systems we supply have been tested in real-world settings and under lab tests, allowing us to provide these materials in the knowledge that they will work in multiple building scenarios.
Products are designed for use inside domestic and commercial buildings. If you are unsure which application is suitable for your building, please contact us before ordering.
We can also offer acoustic modelling for certain products and systems; to find out more, please get in touch.
Please send us your enquiry via the website, alternatively give us a call on 01423 339163.