AcoustiChannel is used with the AcoustiClips, and these form the base for wall and ceiling soundproofing systems that reduce significant airborne sounds and vibration levels. The AcoustiChannel is one of the main components within our soundproofing systems for walls and ceilings.
The AcoustiChannel comprises vibration-absorbing steel, creating a low profile acoustic hanger that will enhance the acoustic performance of separating walls and ceilings.
Attach the AcoustiChannel and Acousticlips to timber studs, ceiling joists and directly onto concrete ceilings or solid masonry walls for superior levels of noise control.
- Size 78mm wide x 26mm deep x 1800mm long
- Weight approx. 0.47kg/lm
- Composition galvanised steel to BS EN 10346:209
Fitting the AcoustiClip and AcoustiChahnel to Walls and Ceilings
Screw AcoustiClips onto stud frames, ceiling joists or directly into solid walls and concrete ceilings.
- AcoustiClips are either fixed before inserting the metal channel or slid onto the AcoustiChannel before fixing to the wall or ceiling
- Pinch the bridge of the AcoustiChannel at the end and slide into position
- Screw AcoustiClips in place using suitable screws through the circular inserts at either end of the clip
- Join the AcoustiChannel by overlapping them to 100mm and screw together
- Apply soundproof boarding into the AcoustiChannel using suitable self-drilling screws that are at least 10mm deeper than the boarding you are using
Walls – Isolate the soundproof boarding with an isolation strip along the floor. Install a clip at the end of each run of AcoustiChannel.
Ceilings – Ensure the AcoustiClips are installed within 150mm of the ceiling perimeter at the end of the bar length. The first row and the last row should be within a maximum of 150mm from the wall.
AcoustiClips Quantities on Walls
Timber Stud Frames
- AcoustiClip every 1.2m horizontally (based on studs at 600mm centres, every other stud)
- AcoustiClip every 600mm vertically (Fix the AcoustiClips to the top and bottom of each stud with a maximum gap of 150mm from the floor and ceiling)
- AcoustiClip every 1.2m horizontally
- AcoustiClip every 600mm vertically (Fix the AcoustiClips to the top and bottom of the wall with a maximum gap of 150mm from the floor and ceiling)
AcoustiClip Quantities on Ceilings
Timber Joist Ceilings 400-450mm joist centres
- AcoustiClip every 600mm along the joist
- AcoustiCilp fitted to alternate joists with a maximum of 900mm between the joists
- AcoustiClip every 600mm centres (with a maximum gap of 150mm from the walls)
Noisestop Systems Product Range
All of the products and systems we supply have been tested in real-world settings and under lab tests, allowing us to provide these materials in the knowledge that they will work in multiple building scenarios.
All our products are for use inside domestic and commercial buildings. If you are unsure which application is suitable for you, please contact us before ordering.
We can offer acoustic modelling for certain products and systems. To find out more, please feel free to get in touch.
Please send us your enquiry via the website, alternatively give us a call on 01423 339163.