Ceiling System 2
Ceiling System 2 is our most popular ceiling soundproofing solution that offers excellent airborne and impact sound reduction. With only minimal loss of ceiling height this system offers excellent sound insulation with minimal loss of ceiling height. Ceiling System 2 achieves the high levels of noise reduction due to the combination of materials and how they are installed on to the ceiling. The layer of 100mm DFM acoustic insulation blocks and absorbs airborne sound transfer through the ceiling.
Separation which is key to ceiling soundproofing is created by fitting the soundbreaker bars, acoustic hangers that reduce vibration through the buildings structure. The final layer of boards is applied fixed directly into the soundbreaker bars.
The Noisestop 1+ panels supplied as part of this solution combine acoustic plasterboard with high mass loaded vinyl sheeting, the resultant panel blocks sound and reduces vibration through the plasterboard. When the full solution is combined both impact and airborne sound are greatly reduced.
- Noise reduction against airborne and impact sound
- 52dB reduction for airborne sound
- 56dB reduction for impact sound
- 30 minute fire protection
- DIY soundproofing solution
- Part E compliant for separating floors
Fitting Ceiling System 2
This soundproof ceiling solution utilises the existing ceiling joists. Before you begin installing this solution you should remove the existing ceiling. Once the ceiling joists have been exposed you can begin the installation.
- Insulate the cavity between the existing joists with the 100mm acoustic insulation. Ensure no gaps are left and the whole area has been filled
- Fit the soundbreaker bars to the stud frame at 400mm centres using screws. More information on fitting soundbreaker bars is available here. Acoustic hangers will reduce vibration through the ceilings structure
- Screw the Noisestop 1+ panels to the soundbreaker bars, no need to pre-drill any holes. Soundproof panels with high density barriers will block sound and reduce vibration
- Apply AC50 acoustic sealant to the edge of each of the panels. Use the acoustic sealant around the perimeter of the ceiling to ensure the whole area is acoustically sealed
Noisestop Tip – Apply the acoustic sealant to the edge of each board as you install them before you put the next one up. By applying the sealant as you go you will ensure a really good acoustic seal at the end. Once you have finished you can go round filling any small areas that require filling.
How to soundproof ceilings – A ceiling soundproofing guide
The Noisestop range of products have been fitted into homes and businesses across the UK for more than twenty years. In that time we have been able to develop the Noisestop range of products to ensure the very best levels of soundproofing to restore peace and quiet at work and in your homes.
Using our extensive knowledge of the soundproof and acoustic industry we have been able to develop products to soundproof walls, floors and ceilings that are both affordable and more importantly good at what they do. All the products we supply have been tried and tested in real life situations in homes and businesses, so we know they work in real life situations, not just in a lab.
From our base in Yorkshire we are well placed to deliver your soundproofing requirements throughout the UK. We send all our soundproof products direct so we have full control over all the products that leave our warehouse.
Our team are ready and willing in assisting you with any enquiries relating to products in the Noisestop range. Whether you are unsure about a product, or you don’t know which solution to choose, don’t worry we have had many years of experience which we can share with you to help solve any noise related issue.
you can contact us through our contacts page and send us an enquiry, alternatively give us a call on 014213 339163.